Monday, January 14, 2013

Juelz is Back! He's What the Game's Been Missing


 

A!!! The Dipset veteran, Juelz Santana is back and has been in the studio, both day and night as if he never left. The past few months have been nothing but a grind movement for him. From Instagram to Twitter, he's been showing us how hard he's been working on his new project.

Over a decade ago, Juelz Santana hit the rap sense not knowing how much it needed him and after taking a five year break, Juelz is back and he is certainly, what the game's been missing.



 Juelz Santana released his God Will'n mixtape today at 7pm. This mixtape was defintely worth the wait. This mixtape features collaborations with Fabolous, Future, Meek Mill, Rick Ross, Wale and more. Santana collaborated with Rick Ross, Meek Mill and Fabolous on his single "Soft", this track quickly got radio play, and downloads  when it was first leaked weeks ago.

Santana has claimed the year 2013 as his and everything he does is "God Willing". A week ago, Santana sat down with Village Voices to discuss his upcoming project. Below are excerpts of the interview that describes how he was inspired to title this mixtape.

On the title God Willin’:
God Willin… it just came to me and it felt good, it felt right. After I announced the title people hit me on Twitter, reminding me that Clipse first album was called Lord Willlin‘. Honestly though the title just came to me. I didn’t even think of that album. It just came to me. Originally it was going to be called Reagan Era and Kendrick Lamar got a song with that title but I been screaming “Reagan Era” for years. Or like Jay naming his album The Blueprint after KRS had an album by that title. It’s all good at the end of the day.”

On the mixtape’s direction:
“I’m gonna treat the situations like I’m a new artist. I’m just hungry again. God Willin is just gonna be the start of a new chapter. I got a new label situation called Anything’s Possible. But it’s still Dipset, Skull Gang. I’m still on Def Jam. I already got the second mixtape done after God Willin where I’ll be rapping over other people’s beats but we’re just going to talk about God Willin for now. I’m just happy to be back in business. I want to enjoy working and go hard and be where I need to be. Right where some of these niggas ain’t supposed to be. I’m still lookin better than a lot of niggas who just dropped albums though. They looking lost out here. It’s time to follow the leader again.”

If you would like to read more Full Interview with Village Voice Here

Santana has spoken for himself! The wait is finally over and look forward to a lot of new and upcoming projects from him. Salute!!


Here's a trailer video that was released by Santana via YouTube on his JuelzTV Page on Friday January 11th.



If you haven't downloaded his new mixtape, I urge that you do so now; this is the hottest mixtape so far of the new year. Download God Will'n Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment