Monday, July 8, 2013

16-Year-Old Canadian Producer Creates Beat for Jay-Z's Album

Jay-Z's "Crown" which is featured on his recent album Magna Carta Holy Grail was produced by a 16-year-old Canadian teenager. 

Born Ebony "Wondagurl" Oshunrinde, a black girl from Ontario, Canada speaks during an interview with MTV News on how she created the beat along with her experience of being a part of a great success. "The way I made the beat, I was at home one day and I was looking for reggae samples for a while and I finally found this one that was like crazy, it was Sizzla ‘Solid as a Rock,’” Wondagurl explained as she was inspired by Pusha T’s “Blocka,” featuring Travi$ Scott. “I took it and I cut it up and I put it in the software FL Studio and I started building around it, just adding 808s and more I built, I knew what I wanted.”

Wondagurl eventually sent the beat to Travi$ Scott who is affiliated with G.O.O.D. Music, said he would add more elements to the track. About a week later he announced that the track had made Jay-Z's new album. 

What Wondagurl did may be considered "impossible" to some but she's a young lady with a vision and having a beat she created on Hov's album is just the beginning. 

She mentions that she would love to work with artists such as Kanye West, Drake and Timberland. 

I'm sure her phone and Twitter is blowing up! I look forward to hearing more from her. 


Be sure to follow her on twitter at @WondaGurlBeats. Check out the exclusive interview here

No comments:

Post a Comment