Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Don Cannon Named VP of A&R at Island Def Jam Music Group


 Yesterday morning, Don Cannon was announced the new Vice President of A&R for Island Def Jam Music Group. The award-winning producer will work directly with Karen Kwak, Executive Vice President/Head of A&R, to manage projects and discover new artists to sign to the label.

 Cannon began his career by working as a DJ and producer while creating a name for himself. Throughout his career he has worked with artists such as Jay-Z, Pusha T, Young Jeezy, Nas, 2 Chainz, Rick Ross, Ludacris, Lil Wayne, Kendrick Lamar, OutKast and T.I.

In a statement about his new position Cannon, he said...

“A music person can only dream about being at Def Jam, the most important  hip-hop destination in the world. I feel I have a cutting edge vision for where the culture and hip-hop are heading and I’m excited to be joining the team.  I’m already working 24/7 to drive the innovation of music forward and I’m confident we’ll land some big successes in the very near future." 


Congratulations on your success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment