Thursday, August 15, 2013

Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar "Can Run That Backpack, I'ma Run These Streets"

Just after dropping a record in remembrance of Lil Snupe yesterday, Meek Mill spoke in radio interview with Power 99 about Kendrick Lamar's verse.

Here's what the Philly rapper had to say. "He's not comin' at him in a disrespectful way, he's comin' at him in a competitive way," said Meek. He also made a sports comparison; an everyday example "It's like if me and my homie playin' basketball—I'ma tell you: I'ma dunk on you, I'ma spin off you, I'ma give you 30 points a night like Lebron [James]. I'm pretty sure [NBA players] hang around each other in the club and all that, but [still trash talk competitively]." 

Meek later went on and made it clear that he's running the streets."I'ma tell y'all: y'all what y'all run; I run the streets," the Philly native stated. "I'm in a lane by myself. I'm the only [one] that's lyrically spittin' some street music and gettin' money. Kendrick [Lamar and Black Hippy], I'ma tell 'em in a rap: y'all can run that backpack, I'ma run these streets." 

"We gonna have fun with it; get money. Hip Hop needed that", he added. 

Check out the full conversation below.

No comments:

Post a Comment