Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kendrick Lamar Calls Out Rappers On Big Sean's "Control" Record

Last night Kendrick Lamar had every form of social media buzzing after hearing his verse on Big Sean's record "Control". K-Dot snapped on his verse and even called out rappers letting them know that he is ready to take over the game so they need to get right. Most are calling it a diss but I see it as motivation to bring "real" hip hop back. He crowned himself as the "King of New York" and challenges rappers to do better. 

Here are some of the lyrics: 
I heard the barbershops be in great debates all the time
Bout who’s the best MC? Kendrick, Jigga and Nas, Eminem, Andre 3000, the rest of y’all
New n*ggas just new n*ggas, don’t get involved
I’m usually homeboys with the same n*ggas I’m rhymin’ wit
But this is hip hop and them n*ggas should know what time it is
And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big KRIT, Wale
Pusha T, Meek Millz, A$AP Rocky, Drake
Big Sean, Jay Electron’, Tyler, Mac Miller
I got love for you all but I’m tryna murder you n*ggas
Tryna make sure your core fans never heard of you n*ggas
They dont wanna hear not one more noun or verb from you n*ggas
What is competition? I’m tryna raise the bar high
Who tryna jump and get it? You better off tryna skydive
Out the exit window of 5 G5’s with 5 grand
With your granddad as the pilot he drunk as f*ck tryna land.

I think from this day forward, Hip-Hop will be geared in a new direction. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the reactions from the artists he mentioned. Stay tuned for more updates. 



No comments:

Post a Comment